Best Practices. Best Performance.™
Application Portfolio Rationalization & Digital Transformation
DURATION: 6 months
- 1200+ known and unknown global applications at this global, multi-billion dollar transportation manufacturer.
- 20% custom applications with overlapping use.
- Losing $1MM/year due to support and maintenance costs for duplicate apps.
- Client gained a prioritized inventory of all apps with recommendations on cloud fit, re-hosting, refactoring, re-platforming, replacing, retiring, or retaining.
- Client can now pilot apps with validated savings of $1.5MM/yr in support and duplicate licensing costs.
- Client ready for first cloud migration for three apps, to support companywide digital transformation effort.
Artificial Intelligence Product Definition
Defined an AI Commercial Energy Management Application
DURATION: 3 months
INDUSTRY: Software Service
- New SaaS application for this AI startup with poorly defined requirements and user experience.
- Lack of data type definition and integration.
- Sub-optimal data visualization experience.
- Development and business teams gained a comprehensive MVP definition with requirements to begin coding the app.
- Client can now drive tactical data structure work, as data types defined from an architectural perspective.
- Client now has user experience resource (from our network) and can define & code an appropriate data visualization approach.
Online Experience & Documentation Overhaul
Re-writing & presenting new online experience for cloud-based mass deployer of industrial IoT
DURATION: 6 months
INDUSTRY: Software Service
- Industrial IoT provider has complaints about on-boarding, configuration, and use of its NaaS-based product.
- Content and user experience by non-US-English speaking developers for a US-only market.
- No scalable content or user experience strategy.
- Completely redesigning and re-writing online customer content experience, including step-by-step instructions, wizard, and reference content for definitions.
- Will deliver a go-forward strategy for user content, which includes YouTube tutorials, written content, and wizards.
Statewide Association IT Group & Technologies Assessment for Transformation
Evaluated root causes and recommended actions to address under-performing IT organization, governance, and technologies
DURATION: 1 month
- IT team delivers few completed projects and low quality.
- Technology infrastructure is a decade old with no upgrade plan.
- Data, which is the heart of this organization, is scattered across multiple sources and not integrated.
- Recommending a completely new IT strategy and governance model.
- Recommending a different software development methodology to fit the culture and address the issues.
- Next steps that maps to their budget cycle.
M&A Spin-off Sale
Delivered market data, analysis, and financial model
DURATION: 2 months
- Multiple potential buyers with wide ranging valuations for IT radiology service inside a hospital network.
- Lack of financial modeling for post-transaction services of spun-off entity.
- Lack of pricing strategy, creating possible price elasticity miscalculation.
- CIO received a segment market analysis, including M&A trends, gaps & sale considerations.
- CIO used our pro-forma model to share plans with potential buyers, including revenue and cost projections, staffing, assumptions, and budget.
- CIO now fluent in the need for a pricing strategy for services, including appropriate service mix and pricing model.
M&A Technology Platform Carve-out
Mitigated technical, operational, and financial disaster
DURATION: 1.5 months
INDUSTRY: Technology Service
- Unrealistic Transition Services Agreement (TSA) for this food service manufacturer, written by non-technical staff.
- IT team with limited operational capabilities post-transaction.
- Material business impact if existing path chosen.
- IT and financial teams understand the full impact of de-coupling and flawed TSA.
- Carve-out entity gained pre- and post-transaction prioritized roadmap, including financial costs, resources, infrastructures, and architectural design.
- The carved-out entity received recommendations for technologies and brands, where a change of technology or approach was warranted.
Assessed and recommended changes to reduce risk
DURATION: 4 weeks
INDUSTRY: Health Care
- Poor analytics and sample processes throughout this cancer research firm.
- Lack of key staff succession planning across all functions.
- Technology bottleneck in time of crisis.
- Conducted a risk impact analysis, including recommendations.
- Conducted a business impact analysis, including recommendations.
- Provided a roadmap to implement recommendations.